|Member of the Bulgarian Human Resource Menagement Association
What is an Assessment center?
Assessment center (Group-processing diagnosis) is a prognostic method for identifying long-term potential and competence; it is applicable in the process of selection, attestation and analysis of the needs for training.
What is the purpose of an Assessment center?
The company can use the results of an Assessment center in the following cases:
How effective is an Assessment center?
- Identifying individual and group needs for training
- Assessment of the effectiveness of training programs
- Identifying and analysis of the level of motivation in employees
- Promotion of employees to the positions where they will be most successful
- Analysis of the level of belonging in employees to the purposes of the company
- Working out individual plans for career development
- Research of the individual and team style of work of the employees
- Identifying the reasons for professional dissatisfaction
- Selection of inner and/or outer candidates for managers or experts
Research prove higher level of validity and effectiveness of the Assessment center in comparison with other selection methods including interviews, personal questionnaires and tests for abilities. When appropriately constructed and applied, the Assessment center gives better guarantee that the successful participants will be also successful in the company unlike those who are placed using other approaches.
What are the benefits from an Assessment center?
What happens during an Assessment center?
- it provides a clear idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the employees and directs the organization to development of their critical skills and competences
- it minimizes the mistakes in placement decisions that cost a lot and increases individual productivity
- it identifies people with exceptional potential and helps retain the key employees
An Assessment Center is highly structured procedure in terms of design, application and assessment. Every Assessment center is adapted to a specific purpose. The methodology is elaborated in a way that guarantees valid evaluations and successful prediction of future results.
The Assessment Center methodology consists of various assessment techniques including:
The simulations are elaborated in a way that provokes behavior relevant to the most important aspects of the position or level which the participants are assessed for.
The Assessment Center includes seven – eight participants and lasts from one to three days. The assessors are usually two specially trained psychologists – diagnostics who have years of experience in this field. The assessors observe different participants in every simulation and take notes in special forms for observation. When the participants finish with the simulations, the assessors take one or more days to share their observations and to reach a consensus on their assessment. Data from tests and interviews is also integrated in the process of making a decision. The final assessment of the assessors, in the form of a written report, gives information about the strengths of the employees and their needs for development.
- different kinds of simulations related to the job
- psychological tests
What are the simulative situations which the participants are put into?
Why should you choose Alicorn-Consult for your partner?
- Critical situations requiring team work, making managerial decisions and defining organizational priorities
- Individual and group participation in two-sided or many-sided conversations, negotiations and consultations requiring forming and applying management strategy for combining individual, group and organizational interests.
- Situations with high level of uncertainty, stress and conflict of interests requiring adequate evaluation of the situation, quick orientation and effective behavior for making decisions when there is lack of time, information and resources.
- Situation of inner organizational conversations and negotiations for coordination and distribution of limited resources and crisis management.
- We have a team of specialists with years of experience in developing and conducting Assessment center for different organizations.
- Our style of working is practically oriented and related to your purposes and areas of application of the Assessment center.
- Our purpose is to make the world tendencies, practices and models of work in the field of assessment and development of the potential generally known; to offer our clients practical and effective solutions integrating good practices in the specific conditions of Bulgarian market.